Itchy skin needs extra care. This is what the reality is. When infection happens to any of us, of course we have to find ways on how to get rid of it. But before you know the possible cure to this infection, we also have to know first what itching of the skin is all about. click here for related details.
The Itch Facts:
- Pruritus is the medical term referring to itching.
- Infections, stings and bites, chronic diseases, infestations, allergic reactions, dry skin, and sun exposure are the numerous reasons for itching.
- An anti-itch lotions and creams containing camphor, phenol, menthol, pramoxine, Benadryl, and or benzocaine can gives relief.
- Most of an itching cases will respond on a certain medication called corticosteroid.
- Avoid scratching if possible, to prevent worsening the problem.
- It itching still continue, worsens, or could be associated with any skin lesions, then it is time to see a doctor. for more information, click on : https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/dandruff-and-itching-scalp
Do people should scratch an itch?
Itching usually follows scratching, to which could sometimes lead an itch-scratch moments. Scratching may primarily feel so satisfying, but when the scratching may prolonged it will just leave you an irritated skin which will still itch and may even worsens feeling of itchiness. Since scratching gives only a temporary relief, thus it does not promote a healing from that infection, the best thing you will do, is to avoid scratching it as possible. When there will breaking of the skin due to scratching, a bacteria may start to grow and develop. This is what we call secondary infection.
What are the treatments for an itchy skin? Are there possible home remedies for this itching?
Treatments for itch are those utilized on your skin such as, creams, cold applications, and lotions. A cold applications are used, since cold and this itch have same nerve fibers as their passage way. Below are the methods to apply cold applications:
- Prepare a cool water, from either running water at the top of the affected part and or placing a clean, cold washcloth towards the affected skin.
- Have a cool showers.
- Take a cool bath. Items for cool bath contains colloidal oatmeal suited to relief the itch.
- Use ice packs, it could be commercially available kind or an ice cubes inside a plastic bag.
To avoid itchiness of the skin to happen one should take this into consideration:
- Always protect your skin from the heat of the sun. Use sunscreen if possible. Avoid going out for exposure during at this period between 10 a.m. and also 2 p.m. This corresponding hours are too risky for the skin since the sun’s rays are so strong.
- Do not go on smoking.
- Treat your delicate skin gently as possible. Limit your time in taking a bath. Do not use strong soaps if possible. When you do shaving, do it carefully. Pat dry. And then moisturize your dry skin.
- Make a habit to eat a healthy diet.
- Manage your stress, since this can trigger skin problems.
Itchy skin are not good to feel. So better stay clean and have a proper hygiene.